FiveStar Payroll Pro - Licence Agreement
Below is the Payroll Pro licence agreement which is displayed when Payroll Pro is installed and when Payroll Pro is updated.
Please also see current prices.
FIVESTAR PAYROLL Pro - LICENCE AGREEMENT
IMPORTANT: CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING LEGAL AGREEMENT. USE OF OR INSTALLATION OF THE SOFTWARE PROVIDED WITH THIS AGREEMENT (THE "SOFTWARE") CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS.
If you do not agree to the terms, you must not install or use the SOFTWARE on any computer. No moneys will be refunded in any case where a full licence key has been provided.
This agreement permanently replaces any previous agreement or understanding, whether written or oral, for this software and all previous versions of this software.
This Licence Agreement is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single business entity) and FiveStar Software Limited.
1. LICENCE GRANT. FiveStar Software Limited grants to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to use the SOFTWARE on one computer. This licence to use the SOFTWARE is conditioned upon your compliance with the terms of this agreement.
You agree you will only copy the SOFTWARE into any machine-readable or printed form as necessary to use it in accordance with this licence or for backup purposes in support of your use of the SOFTWARE.
You agree that when a full licence is purchased, the Licence Key and any Registration Codes will in no way be distributed to any other party without the permission of FiveStar Software Limited.
This licence is effective until terminated. You may terminate it at any point by destroying the SOFTWARE together with all copies of the SOFTWARE.
Also, FiveStar Software Limited has the option to terminate if you fail to comply with any term or condition of this agreement. You agree upon such termination to destroy the SOFTWARE together with all copies of the SOFTWARE. No moneys will be refunded.
2. COPYRIGHT. The SOFTWARE is protected by copyright law and international treaty provisions. You acknowledge that no title to the intellectual property in the SOFTWARE is transferred to you. You further acknowledge that title and full ownership rights to the SOFTWARE will remain the exclusive property of FiveStar Software Limited and you will not acquire any rights to the SOFTWARE except as expressly set forth in this licence.
The software is for use by the purchaser only, and must not be lent, resold or hired out.
The software may be copied for backup and archival purposes only.
3. REVERSE ENGINEERING. You agree that you will not attempt to reverse compile, modify, translate, or disassemble the SOFTWARE in whole or in part.
4. SUITABILITY. It is the responsibility of the user to determine suitability of the SOFTWARE to meet the requirements of its business, and to determine the suitability of the computer hardware and operating system, prior to purchase.
It is the responsibility of the user of the SOFTWARE to ensure backup systems, such as flash drive, external hard drives or other media are working correctly, and are sufficient.
5. SUPPORT. Support can be obtained by phoning FiveStar Software Limited during its business hours, or by emailing FiveStar Software Ltd.
FiveStar Software Limited reserves the right to be closed for any required period, either part day or one or more full days, should this be necessary for any reason, including approximately 3 weeks over the Christmas period. The cost of any phone calls made by phoning FiveStar Software Limited will be payable by the caller.
FiveStar Software Limited reserves the right to charge for any support of the SOFTWARE.
When you phone you may reach our answer phone which will allow you to leave a message. FiveStar Software Ltd will endeavour to reply as soon as possible, but does not guarantee support queries by phone, email, or other, will be replied to on the same day.
Visits to any sites by FiveStar Software Limited will be at the discretion of FiveStar Software Limited, and the user will pay for all costs involved including transportation costs and time.
Where the SOFTWARE or an update or upgrade to the SOFTWARE is purchased through a third party other than FiveStar Software Limited and the user and third party wish that support is to be given by the third party, any support arrangements will be solely between the user and the third party. In such cases, should any support be required directly from FiveStar Software Limited, the previous paragraphs outlining support conditions will apply.
6. DISCLAIMER. This product is supplied on an "as is" basis, with no warranty or guarantee that any particular feature will be added to the software.
It is your responsibility as the user of the SOFTWARE to ensure you or any other person using the SOFTWARE is familiar with all legislation relevant to your business and therefore that any amounts or values calculated by the SOFTWARE are correct. If for any reason any amounts or values calculated by the SOFTWARE are not the required values, then the user of the SOFTWARE will override the values to those required.
Liability for information supplied from the use of the software is solely the responsibility of the user. Neither FiveStar Software Limited nor the authors of this SOFTWARE are liable or responsible to the purchaser, the user, or any other party for loss or damages caused, or alleged to be caused, directly or indirectly by this software and its accompanying documentation, or by any media any files or software on the media.
Loss or damage includes, but is not limited to, loss or damage caused
- from the misuse or incorrect use of the software;
- by changes made to the users computer hardware or operating system leading to incompatibility with the software;
- arising with future upgrades due to unauthorised changes made to any programs and files accompanied with the previous version of the software;
- arising due to lack of understanding by the user of their hardware or operating system;
- resulting from faulty hardware including hard disk faults, memory faults, and power failures;
- from any failures of backup systems including faulty flash drives, external hard drives, floppy disks, faulty backup tapes, faulty hardware, faulty tape drives, or any faults with other backup media or insufficient backups;
- due to errors in the SOFTWARE.
- due to any other factors outside the control of FiveStar Software Ltd.
In the event that any other liability is assessed, FiveStar Software Limited specifically limits its liability to the price it receives for the software, or where an update or upgrade or licence fee has been purchased FiveStar Software Limited specifically limits its liability to the price it receives for the latest update or upgrade of the software or the latest licence fee paid.
FiveStar Software Limited is not in the business of giving advice, legal, financial or business, and will not be responsible for any action or consequences for any such perceived advice given by any employee, shareholder or director of FiveStar Software Limited or any other party acting for FiveStar Software Limited.
7. SEVERABILITY. In the event of invalidity of any provision of this licence, the parties agree that such invalidity shall not affect the validity of the remaining portions of this licence.
8. TIME PERIOD AND LICENCE FEE. An annual licence fee will be payable on each anniversary of purchase of the original full licence. In some cases where the original full licence was purchased prior to October 2001, the anniversary may be deemed to be 30th October each year - for such cases the annual licence fee will be payable by 30th October each year.
This annual licence fee will be an amount set by FiveStar Software Limited, and may be altered from time to time.
The SOFTWARE will cease to be usable after the due date of the annual licence fee if a new LICENCE KEY (provided by FiveStar Software Limited upon receipt of the licence fee) is not entered into the program.
All obligations of FiveStar Software Limited, its shareholders and directors, and all authors of the software will cease under the following circumstances:
- Should the software ownership rights be transferred from FiveStar Software Limited to another party;
- Should FiveStar Software Limited cease operation;
- Should the user violate the copyright;
- Where the user does not pay the licence fee;
Until this agreement is replaced by another agreement, these conditions apply to all subsequent disks, programs and material supplied, relating in any way to this software.