Screen shots - Payday Filing
The following pages demonstrate how to create the file required by IRD for payday filing.
If you need a tutorial about new/departing employees, click here.
If you need information about the IR345 and how much to pay IRD, click here.
A PDF version of this can be downloaded (and printed if you like) from here:
If you have not started payday filing yet, please read this section first:
It really just involves clicking a few buttons - there is nothing complicated that you need to do.
You need to have Payroll Pro version 2.50 or higher.
Once you have done this once or twice it will become even easier.
Please have a look at this page at IRD: Payday filing - What is payday filing?
From Payroll Pro:
- Normal Pay Procedure: Process your pay as usual - enter pays, complete payslips and update totals.
- Click a button: You will go to the reports, and just click on the "payday filing" button.
- The date generally won't need to be changed: The date will default to the current payment date, so you wont usually have to change that.
- Click a button: You will just click a button that says "Click here to Create your payday File...".
- Click a button: Choose if you want to print a report - click Screen or Printer or No Report.
- Wait a second: Payroll Pro will take you straight to the IRD website.
At the IRD website:
- Login to your IRD account.
- Click a few buttons and links: My Business then Payroll > then File Transfer then File transfer Payday schedules
- Click another button: Choose File
- Press CTRL+V: This is just a Windows shortcut for "Paste", and will insert the file name into the box without you having to locate the file.
- Click a button: You will now click Open
- Click a button: You will now click Next
That's it! See below for more information.
Instructions with screen shots:
The first few pages explain how to create the file in Payroll Pro - which is very easy!
Click one of the "Next Page" buttons to get started!
Every step is clearly explained.